|Name||Kang Seung-lok (강승록)|
|Country of Birth||South Korea|
|Birthday||November 11, 1999 (age 19)|
|Soloqueue IDs||iG TheShy, The shy, ToTkr2|
|Social Media & Links|
Kang "TheShy" Seung-lok (Hangul: 강승록) is a top laner for Invictus Gaming.
TheShy was a member of Anarchy in 2014, but in November he joined Team WE as a streamer. He stayed with them until May of 2017, when he left and joined Invictus Gaming as their alternate top laner. The team's Summer Season was similar to their Spring Season and they finished 3rd with a 10-6 record. They did much better in the playoffs and finished 3rd with a victory over Team WE in the third place match. IG then participated in the 2017 Season China Regional Finals, but failed to make it to Worlds after Team WE got their revenge against them and beat them 3-2.
TheShy and iG kick-started their season with a 3rd place finish in the Demacia Championship, losing 2-1 to Snake Esports in the loser's semifinal. Just two weeks later saw the start of the LPL Spring Season. Despite a regular season series record of 18-1, with their only loss being against Royal Never Give Up, this did not translate into success in the Spring Playoffs. With TheShy himself sidelined due to a hand injury, Invictus Gaming were defeated 3-2 by RNG in the semifinals, this being followed by a 3-1 loss at the hands of Rogue Warriors in the 3rd place match. Although their performance could be considered a disappointment, their placement secured them a spot at Rift Rivals 2018.
A 3rd place finish in the Demacia Cup, this time losing to Bilibili Gaming in the loser's semifinal without TheShy, was followed by a successful showing at Rift Rivals. Now recovered from his hand injury, TheShy and the team won both of their group stage games, helping the LPL to an eventual triumph over the LCK in the final. Invictus Gaming once again achieved an 18-1 regular season record in the LPL Summer Season, their sole loss again to RNG. Despite the similarity of the year's regular season performances, a successful showing in the Summer Playoffs, finishing runner-up to Royal Never Give Up after a tight 3-2 series, resulted in the team's qualification to the 2018 Season World Championship on points.
Invictus Gaming was placed in Group D for Worlds 2018, alongside Fnatic, 100 Thieves, and G-Rex. The group stage round robin concluded with iG and Fnatic tied for 1st place at 5-1. The tiebreaker went in the favor of Fnatic, resulting in TheShy and the team being drawn against KT Rolster in the quarterfinals. A tense affair saw iG emerge victorious 3-2 and progress to the semifinals where they met G2 Esports. A more straightforward 3-0 series secured them a place in the finals. Awaiting their challenge were Group D counterparts, Fnatic. Invictus Gaming's convincing performance in the finals resulted in a 3-0 victory, and made them the first Chinese team to win a World Championship.
- His name was previously Kang Dong-geun (강동근).
- Previously known as a high rated Riven, Yasuo, and Nidalee player.
- Invented a famous Riven combo now known as "The Shy Combo."
- Enjoys playing ARAM.
- Often mistaken for fellow Korean top laner Shy.
- This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- September 27, 5 dark horse players to watch at Worlds by Xing Li on Dot Esports
- October 20, IG TheShy: "I asked the team to give me a pick that I can win my lane for sure with, and that pick happened to be Fiora." with Byungho "Haao" Kim, Woo "Ready" Hyun on Inven Global
- October 26, TheShy on beating KT and if IG can get revenge against LCK this year by winning in Korea with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- November 2, TheShy confident that iG will 3-0 Fnatic with Ashley Kang on ESPN Esports
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.