OUTWIT MERE MORTALS
|Other Rune Paths
After using an ability, your next two basic attack within 10 seconds against a champion grants 5 gold. Attacking a non-champion will consume the kleptomancy stacks, but give no gold or items. Occasionally, you will gain a consumable item instead. If you gain a consumable item while your inventory is full, the consumable will instead be consumed. Kleptomancy cannot be activated more than once every 2 seconds.
- On Ascension, the rune is exchanged with Glacial Augment.
- Kleptomancy will apply through abilities that apply on-hit effects.
- Wards cannot be obtained outside of Classic 5v5.
- If you receive a ward with Kleptomancy while your inventory is full, the ward will instead be placed at the enemy champion's feet.
- Manaless champions will not receive Mana Potions and instead will receive Sly Sacks of Gold.
- The probability to loot a consumable with Kleptomancy is reduced before the 15 minute mark.
- After 15 minutes, the drop rate is significantly reduced for ranged champions compared to melee champions.
- After 20 minutes, Wards no longer drop.
Now procs off the next two basic attacks after using an ability rather than just the first. Wards no longer drop after 20 minutes.
Giving Kleptomancy a second proc broadens its user base beyond Ezreal champions whose abilities either reset or count as the basic attack that procs Klepto. We're also removing wards from the loot table after 20 minutes since at that point inventories are often filled with component items and the wards just immediately drop onto the ground.
PROC MODEL : After using an ability, your [next basic attack] ⇒ next two basic attacks will grant 5 gold... or something nicer
DROPS : Wards no longer drop after 20 minutes
Gold value of pilfered items decreased.
The gameplay of getting a lot of small, mini-use active items is cool, but too often it's optimal to just sell everything and accelerate builds. We want to make sure that there's a reasonable tradeoff between using those items and just cashing them in. Since Kleptomancy is also overperforming, we're also bringing the drop rate down, especially early game and on ranged champions.
LESS LOOT Drop rate significantly decreased in the first 15 minutes of the game
LESS LESS LOOT After 15 minutes, drop rate slightly decreased for melee, significantly decreased for ranged
BUYER'S MARKET Sell values about 20% lower
We're really happy with how Kleptomancy landed, but we still think there's room for improvements to the internal item generator system that feeds it. Our goal is to reduce the gap between extreme cases, be it the best-in-class champions using it, or champions who would fall behind and weren't able to recover from it.
YOU'RE TOO FAR AWAY No longer increases attack range by 25
SO MANY ITEMS Loot table mechanism updated to decrease variance in loot over time.
STICKY FINGERS After using an ability, your next attack on a champion grants bonus gold. There's a chance you'll also gain a consumable.