Builds out of Stinger instead of Zeal. Critical strike chance removed, cooldown reduction and attack speed increased. Cost down, combine cost is now a bunch of threes.
As Sheen's offensive AD upgrade, Trinity Force promises mid-game dominance through double the Spellblade damage of its component item. By contrast, Iceborn Gauntlet is the upgrade for champions that can take advantage of its utility. That separation’s been a bit fuzzy this season, with many toplaners picking Iceborn to straight-up outduel their opponent. While this was partially due to Iceborn being overtuned, we also realized Trinity Force was suffering from a lack of focus.
The best Trinity Force users reliably proc Spellblade on cooldown - Jax, Irelia, and friends wield equal blends of abilities and basic attacks to deal damage. That combat pattern is key: it means Trinity Force users don't rely on hyperscaling basic attacks to fight enemy champions. With that in mind, Zeal is a marksman-shaped peg jammed into a fighter-shaped hole. It fits... just not perfectly. Stinger is better suited for the job: attacking faster and casting spells faster squares with the goal of maximizing Spellblade uptime. With new focus, Trinity Force is better than ever at fueling the mid game pain train for champs that want to play the Spellblade game.
BUILD PATH : [Sheen + Phage + Zeal + 200 gold] ⇒ Sheen + Phage + Stinger + 333 gold
TOTAL COST : [3800 gold] ⇒ 3733 gold
ATTACK SPEED : [15%] ⇒ 40%
COOLDOWN REDUCTION : [10%] ⇒ 20%
CRITICAL STRIKE CHANCE [20%] ⇒ 0%
Sike! Not all Zeal items are more expensive.
Used far less as a true marksman item, we didn’t want ol’ Tons of Damage to be negatively impacted when we were hitting Zeal. Carry on, Trinity Force.
COMBINE COST :  ⇒ 200
TOTAL COST : Unchanged
TOTAL cost : [3703 gold] ⇒ 3800 gold
BUILD path : Zeal + Sheen + Phage + 300 gold
mana :  ⇒ 250
MOVEMENT speed : [8%] ⇒ 5%
CRITICAL STRIKE chance : [10%] ⇒ 20%
ATTACK speed : [30%] ⇒ 15%
ATTACK damage :  ⇒ 25
ABILITY power  ⇒ 0
COOLDOWN reduction 10%
- Total cost increased to 3728 gold (from 3628)
- UNIQUE Passive – Rage: movement speed bonus now halved for ranged champions
- UNIQUE Passive - Icy removed
- New UNIQUE Passive - Rage: basic attacks grant 20 movement speed for 2 seconds on hit. Minion, monster, and champion kills grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds
- UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade
- Damage increased to 200% base attack damage (from 150%)
- Due to Phage's price reduction, total cost is now 3628 gold (from 3843)
- Total cost reduced to 3,843 gold from 3,903 gold
- Spellblade is no longer consumed when attacking wards
- Combine cost reduced to 3 gold from 300 (total cost reduced to 3,903 gold from 4,200)
- Critical Strike Chance reduced from 15% to 10%
- Movement Speed reduced from 12% to 8%
- Mana reduced from 250 to 200
- Unique Passive changed to "Icy: Your basic attacks have a 25% chance to slow your target's Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds (20% for ranged).
- Slow for ranged attacks reduced to 25% from 35%
- The following items will now display their cooldownon the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lich Bane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune.
- Damage increased to 30 from 20
- Attack speed increased to 30% from 25%
- Critical strike increased to 15% from 12%
- Mana reduced to 250 from 300
- Health reduced to 250 from 300
- Proc damage raised to 150% from 130%
- Sheen, Lich Bane and Trinity Force's "reservoir" system has been removed. These items will now strictly respect the cooldown time between procs. The cooldown has been reduced to 2 second delays between procs from 3 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where it was causing the proc on spell cast to do less damage than intended
- Slow reduced to 35% from 50%
- Spellcast effect reduced to 130% of base damage from 150%