From Leaguepedia | League of Legends Esports Wiki
Welcome to patch 4.19! Not much in terms of design content as we continue work behind the scenes on the 2015 preseason and the eventual arrival of the updated Summoner's Rift.
As a reminder, this is the last week for the 2014 season, so good luck for those of you trying to power through to the next tier! Just remember that losses are inevitable, and it's what you can learn for the future that counts. That's some deep philosophy for a patch notes foreword.
On with the changes!
- Chris "Pwyff" Tom
- Loading Screen
- BUGFIX Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the load screen to go black, preventing players from seeing their progress toward loading into a match
- THEY'RE (RE)LEARNING Certain bots have remembered how to use self-cast abilities
Summoner's Rift Update: Open Beta
- "The last major set of SRU files is going out with 4.19 (so expect another large download!) and we'll be starting the Summoner's Rift open beta soon. Check out the beta release plan for additional details! "
STICK 'EM IN THE GOO! ... Also Insanity Potion gives more bonuses at rank 3. And Singed has been updated!
- "Our initial context was to say, "Sometimes you just want to buff Singed, man," but then someone read it and said it wasn't very informative. So. Right now we like Singed and how he fits into the game, but thought we could give him some small, exciting buffs to stay interesting. For the "LONG PATCH NOTE" section, we'll reiterate: it's a neutral change, just that we've shifted the mini-stun on landing into the actual throw itself (this came from re-scripting Fling to fix the bug where Singed was occasionally tossing people in the completely wrong direction). Also, Singed has been updated! Check out the article if you want the full story, or below if you just want the specifics. "
- Visuals : Updated model and textures for base and all skins
- ICONS : New ability icons
- SPLASH : New base splash
- E - Fling
- [NEW] STAY WITH ME : If Singed Flings a target into Mega Adhesive Zone, they will be snared for 1 second
- FLIP FLOP : Fixed a bug where Singed would occasionally Fling his targets in completely wrong directions (we believe this is fixed for most cases, let us know if if keeps happening!)
- A LONG PATCH NOTE : Singed's arm is stronger, thereby letting him Fling targets higher into the sky for slightly longer durations. In exchange, targets will be able to move immediately after being flung. This is a net neutral change, as we basically took the mini-stun from Fling's landing and put it into duration of the Fling itself.
- R - Insanity Potion
- Stat enhancement :
35/50/65 ⇒ 35/50/80 ability power, armor, magic resist, movement speed, health per 5 seconds and mana per 5 seconds
Lots of bug fixes along with a small mana cost shift from Sion's Q + W to E.
- "We've got a little room to give Sion some post-update love, so we decided to focus on his best stat: health. Additionally, we've made a lot of quality-of-life changes & bug fixes to help Sion be the best he can be. Final note for that passive change, we changed it because it was punishing Sion for building HP, which was dumb. Now health-stacking Sion should stay up a little longer in his zombie form in comparison to a damage-focused, low-health Sion. Logic! "
- Health per level :
+70 ⇒ +73
- Passive - Glory in Death
- COMPLICATED ZOMBIE MATH : Sion's health decay in passive form now scales with his
max health (0.5% max health first tick, increasing by 0.4% max health per tick) ⇒ champion level (2 x level first tick, increasing by 1.4 x level per tick)
- FIERY DEATH : Fixed a bug where Sunfire Cape wasn't working while Sion was in his passive zombie state
- YORICK IS HELPING : Glory in Death no longer fails to activate in cases where Sion is targeted by Yorick's Omen of Death, doesn't trigger the revive effect and then dies later on in the match
- Q - Decimating Smash
- COST :
50/55/60/65/70 mana ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65 mana
- SMASHING PARITY : All crowd-control types now correctly refund Decimating Smash's cooldown to 2 seconds when they interrupt Sion while he's charging up
- YELLING AND SMASHING : Sion can now properly cast Decimating Smash immediately after Roar of the Slayer
- W - Soul Furnace
- COST :
70/75/80/85/90 mana ⇒ 65/70/75/80/85 mana
- PASSIVE HEALTH GAIN :
8 ⇒ 10 on large monster kill and champ kill/assist (minion and small monster bonus unchanged)
- E - Roar of the Slayer
- IT'S A JUNGLE SION BUFF :
⇒ Knocked back minions are no longer invulnerable to damage while in flight but can't be killed before landing unless Sion casts Smite on them
- COST :
25 mana at all ranks ⇒ 35 mana at all ranks
CAW CAW CAW!
- R - Crowstorm
- CAW CAW CAW : Fixed a bug where rapidly spamming a basic ability at the very end of Crowstorm's channel sometimes caused that ability to go on cooldown without casting or appearing to be on cooldown in the HUD
W's cooldown stays the same at all ranks (aka higher at later ranks).
- "While this isn't a very large change, we want to create harder choices for Janna for when she should use her W, giving her enemies more windows of vulnerability to engage on their target (or her!). "
- W - Zepher
- Cooldown :
12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds at all ranks
- "Helping you make those... flashy plays. "
- Passive - Mirror Image
- FLASHY PLAYS : Flashing no longer de-stealths LeBlanc and her clone when Mirror Image is triggered
W no longer has an attack damage ratio, but gives more movement speed bonuses at later ranks. R's cooldown has been significantly raised (particularly at later levels).
- "You know, for a 'short-range' champion, Lucian's got access to a lot of long-range damage once he gets past the early game. Our big focus here is to push Lucian into closer combat range more often by reducing the power on some of his safer spells. At this point you might ask why Q has a 1100 range (well, 500 cast but 1100 total), and that would be a good question. Also, when you consider it, The Culling's 50 second cooldown at rank 3 is pretty crazy. "
- W - Ardent Balze
- [REMOVED] ATTACK DAMAGE RATIO :
0.3 ⇒ 0.0
- MOVEMENT SPEED BONUS :
40/40/40/40/40 ⇒ 40/45/50/55/60
- R - The Culling
- COOLDOWN :
100/75/50 seconds ⇒ 110/100/90 seconds
- R - Grand Skyfall
- BUGFIX : Fixed a bug where rapidly spamming a basic ability at the very end of Grand Skyfall's channel sometimes caused that ability to go on cooldown without casting or appearing to be on cooldown in the HUD
Q's base damage has been reduced across all ranks.
- "As a strong late game scaling champion, Ryze's ability to bully out other top laners early is pretty bonkers, so we're reducing his base damage in lane while still leaving his ability to scale past laning phase intact. We'll be keeping an eye on Ryze over the next few patches, however, as these nerfs might be on the light side for how dominant a champ he is."
- Q - Overload
- BASE MAGIC DAMAGE :
60/85/110/135/160 ⇒ 40/60/80/100/120
- R - Infinite Duress
- BUGFIX : Fixed a bug where rapidly spamming a basic ability at the very end of Infinite Duress's channel sometimes caused that ability to go on cooldown without casting or appearing to be on cooldown in the HUD
This is it, we got the last global passive in the game.
- "While our stance on global passives is fairly well known (hidden power, impacting lanes outside of an opponent's control, etc), we typically don't like nerfing champions when they're down (as in unpopular or seen as underpowered). With Zilean's rise as a high-priority competitive and - by extension - normal pick, we can now at least reduce that global passive to a more manageable range. "
- Passive - Heightened Learning
- LOCAL EDUCATION : Heightened Learning affects allies
globally ⇒ within 1500 range
- "As we've mentioned previously, the splash art team is engaged in a long-term effort to update our oldest base splashes. A few more are ready to go this patch!"
- SPLASH : The following champions have received updated base splashes (click the portraits for the full image!)
Crest of the Ancient Golem & Blessing of the Elder Lizard
- RENAMED : Renamed from
Crest of the Ancient Golem & Blessing of the Elder Lizard ⇒ Crest of Insight & Crest of Cinders, respectively
End of Season Rewards
- "The 2014 ranked season began in January, and now the battle for League Points draws to a close. The 2014 season ends on November 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM PST. Visit the End of Season page to learn more about the end of the season rewards and the new Master tier. "
In addition to other rewards, players in Gold tier or higher in any ranked queue at the end of the season will receive the Victorious Morgana skin!
- "We've been working to improve Suggested Players since launch in 4.14 so players have an easier time filling out their premade lobbies. This patch, we're addressing two common points of feedback. Suggested Players will now prioritize players you've honored over other potential suggestions, and the friends-of-friends component will now take your skill level into account to ensure better matches. We're continuing to closely monitor the system for further upgrade opportunities, so please keep giving us feedback! "
- Players you’ve honored will now be suggested more frequently and with higher priority
- The system now looks for players close to your skill level when suggesting friends of friends
- "We've made a couple usability and polish improvements to the patching screen! "
- NOBODY PUTS PATCHER IN A CORNER : The patcher now plays a sound effect when patching finishes to better let you know when you can get back in game
- YOU CLICKED IT! : The "Launch" button now has an on-click sound effect
- IT WASN’T YOUR IMAGINATION : Fixed a small misalignment in the patcher's layout
- Load times for the Featured tab have been improved, reducing the delay when first entering the store
- Various store images have been updated:
- Summoner Name Change
- Single Rune Page
- Unlock a Champion for a friend
- Unlock a Skin for a friend
- Mystery Champion
- Mystery Skin
This skin will be realsed during Patch 4.19:
|League of Legends Patch History|