|Country of Birth||Sweden|
|Birthday||June 23, 1995 (age 24)|
|Soloqueue IDs||prOp VardagsBB2, UOL Vardags|
|Social Media & Links|
Pontus "Vardags" Dahlblom is a League of Legends esports player, previously bot laner for nDurance Gaming.
Vardags was born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden. He started playing video games when he was just seven years old, beginning with Counter Strike. He got into playing League because he played a lot of DOTA and Warcraft 3, and saw the trailer for LoL.
His competitive career began when he and his real-life friends made a team and realized they were pretty good. They began competing in local LAN tournaments and from there he fell in love with playing competitively. Prior to playing ADC, Vardags played top lane in Season 1 and 2. If he was needed to switch roles, mid lane or support would be his most preferred positions.
The playoffs went particularly well for the team, despite losing to H2k-Gaming in the semifinal. The Unicorns of Love went on to beat Ninjas in Pyjamas in the third-place match, securing themselves a spot at the Spring Promotion Tournament.
With the Promotion Tournament came a chance for Vardags and the Unicorns of Love to qualify for the 2015 LCS Spring Split. The Promotion Tournament was a huge success, with the team beating Millenium 3-2 in their promotion match-up. This meant that Vardgas would be playing in the LCS the following season.
Unicorns of Love were the European team fan-voted to IEM San Jose. With a roster of Vizicsacsi, Kikis, PowerOfEvil, Vardags, and Hylissang at the tournament, they surprised audiences by making it to the semifinals after defeating Lyon Gaming 2-0 and then Team SoloMid 2-0. They placed second at the tournament, losing to Cloud9 in the finals.
The EU LCS Spring Season was a huge success for Vardags and Unicorns Of Love, finishing the regular season in 5th place, partly thanks to Vardags' impressive performances on Caitlyn. This meant that team would participate in the Spring Playoffs, where they would face and beat Gambit Gaming in the quarterfinals. Vardags and the team managed to make LCS history when they became the first team to knock out a 1st place regular season finisher in the playoff semifinals, taking down SK Gaming convincingly. They went on to lose the playoff final to Fnatic in a close-fought series, finishing 2nd in their first LCS split, and picking up 70 Championship Points in the process.
The Summer Season was equally as successful for Unicorns Of Love, finishing the regular season in 4th place, this time partly thanks to Vardags' Sivir and Corki performances. This ensured the team's participation in the Summer Playoffs, where they overcame Team ROCCAT in the quarterfinals but were taken out themselves in the semifinals by a dominant Fnatic. 40 Championship Points gained here secured Unicorns Of Love a spot in the 2015 Season Europe Regional Finals. Despite their high seeding, they were beaten by Origen in the final of the gauntlet.
- His name is short for the Swedish term Vardagshjälten which means, "every day hero".
- His first main champion was Cho'Gath because the Terror of the Void looked like a mantis.
- Outside of playing LoL, he enjoyed playing soccer and handball.
- Prior to playing competitive LoL, Vardags studied law and economics at Tyreso Gymnasium.
- Was going to use his knowledge gained through studies to become a law enforcement officer.
- His father was not very supportive of his path at first. Now he is supportive of Vardags and even watches most of his games.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- December 29 - Intervju med Unicorns of Loves Pontus "Vardags" Dahlblom (Swedish) with Fragbite
The following pages redirect here:
- Vardags' Tweet twitter.com
- SK Complete LoL Roster for 2016 sk-gaming.com
- Cloud9 and Unicorns of Love confirmed, get your tickets now! en.intelextrememasters.com