We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
From Leaguepedia | League of Legends Wiki
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Effects:||Places a visible ward that reveals the surrounding area and invisible units in the area until killed. Limit 1 Vision Ward on the map per player.|
is a consumable item in League of Legends. Vision Wards are restricted to 2 per player inventory as well as only one placed on the map per player.
- Champions in the Support role will occasionally start the game with a Vision Ward if the enemy team has a stealth champion such as
- Vision Wards are primarily used to remove enemy wards from objectives.
- Wards are most commonly placed near Dragon and Baron Nashor so a team can see if their enemy is attempting to take either objective.
- It may be placed at up to 600 range.
- A ward has five hitpoints and every attack against it deals one damage. There is no way to regenerate these hitpoints.
- A ward gives 30 gold when destroyed.
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value.
- It is possible to Teleport to a ward.
- Vision Wards are not available on the maps Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline or Murder Bridge.
- A Vision Ward will not reveal vision in a brush if it is not placed directly inside the brush.
- Some champion abilities, such as
Corki's Phosphorus Bomb and
Lee Sin's Sonic Wave used to be able to reveal a ward. This was a useful tactic to allow teams to remove wards without having to buy a Vision Ward or Oracle's Elixir.
Katarina are all able to use abilities to dash to allied wards. This can aid them greatly in moving over walls, chasing enemies, or escaping dangerous situations.
- The eye in the Vision Ward icon is the same eye used in
Shaco's Two-Shiv Poison ability icon. It is however angled and colored differently.
- Fixed a bug where they weren't pink.
- Fixed a bug where Vision Wards weren't granting full true sight vision equal to their normal vision range.
- Fixed a bug where Vision Wards weren't properly granting true sight in an enclosed area (such as baron pit and dragon pit).
02/04/2014 Leagues & Gameplay Update
Vision Wards will now properly provide true sight to an enclosed area when placed in front (ie: dragon pit and Baron pit).
- Fixed a bug where Vision Wards weren't granting full true sight vision equal to their normal vision range
- Vision (Pink) wards no longer stealthed
- Vision wards have 5 health
- Vision wards have infinite duration
- Vision wards cost reduced to 100 (from 125)
- Vision wards limited to 1 placed on the map per player
- Vision and Sight Ward are now worth 30 gold, up from 25
- The reward structure for killing wards has been changed to the following:
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value
- Nearby allied champions with Oracle's Elixir, or allied champions that placed Vision Wards nearby, split 50% of the ward's base gold value
- The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward.
- Wards no longer list that they have 20 attack damage.
- Creep camp minimap icons are now more consistent; Clairvoyance and wards will now properly update the map icons
- Using Summoner Teleport on a ward will no longer reveal the ward through fog of war to enemies. Instead, it will destealth the ward to be seen if an enemy is near and reveal the teleport particle through fog of war to enemies
- Attack-move will now target visible wards
Jax's Leap Strike,
Katarina's Shunpo, and
Lee Sin's Safe Guard can now target wards again, but will reveal the wards to enemies when used in this manner
- Teleporting to a ward will now reveal the ward to enemies for a few seconds
- Locally jumping to a ward will now destealth the ward for 2 seconds
- Wards and Teemo's mushrooms are no longer targetable/manipulated by spells (except Summoner Teleport). This means, for example, that wards will no longer be able to block
Rammus' Powerball, Mushrooms will not block skillshots, and
Jax is no longer able to Leapstrike onto a ward
- Wards no longer grant experience on death
- Cost reduced to 125 from 150
- Now has 3 health, is immune to healing effects and takes only 1 damage from every attack
- Health reduced to 1 and armor reduced to 0
- Reduced collision and spellhit sizes
- Duration reduced to 3 minutes from 4.5
- Vision Wards and Sight Wards now show their remaining duration (in seconds) in their mana bar. Both teams can see the remaining duration.
- Cast range increased to 600 from 300
- Removed cooldown on placing consecutive wards
- Increased duration from 180 to 210
- Cost reduced from 175 to 150
- Sight range increased from 1,000 to 1,100
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Maximum stacks increased from 1 to 3
June 6, 2009 Patch
May 29, 2009 Patch
- After two seconds, the vision ward becomes invisible to opponents
May 9, 2009 Patch
Deadfall Ward - 200
Haunting Ward - 800
Tomb Angel Ward - 25
Widow Ward - 75
Bat-O-Lantern Ward - 165