|Item was removed in Patch 6.22.|
|Places a visible ward with 1100 units range sight and 1000 units range true sight.
Until killed, it regenerates 1 health every 3 seconds after 5 seconds out of combat.
|Limitations||1 Vision Ward placed per player.|
Can only carry 2 Vision Wards.
|Total Cost: 75 |
|Sold For: 30 |
Not to be mistaken with its modern version, the Control Ward.
- Vision Wards are visible at all times and have 4 health point. Every attack done to it will only damage it by 1. It also regenerates 1 health every 3 seconds when it has been out of combat for 5 seconds.
- Teleport can be used on Vision Wards.
- Vision Wards are unavailable for the Twisted Treeline and the Howling Abyss maps.
- Vision Wards grant 30 gold when destroyed. If the player who reveals the ward and the killer of the ward are different players, the gold will be split, each gaining 15 gold.
- Vision Wards grant 30 experience when killed.
- Vision Wards are very often referred as Pink Wards.
A THING THAT EXISTS Vision Wards are now Control Wards-see above!
Less health, but regenerates health while out of combat.
Yes, this is technically a Jhin buff.
With their rise in popularity (ever since Stealth Wards sold out), the prevalence of Vision Wards has highlighted how cumbersome it is to clear them out. In keeping with the themes of Midseason, we’re easing the burden of cutting down successive pinks while making them more valuable to defend. Vision Wards have always been a mini-objective, so now we’re formalizing it.
BASE HEALTH :  ⇒ 4
REWARDING Now regenerates 1 health every 3 seconds after 5 seconds out of combat.
Stealth wards have been removed from the shop. All wards leave Rubble upon death.
When vision is in an easily acquired consumable state, a few things tend to happen. For starters, vision becomes an arms race due to the inherent power of map knowledge - making the appropriate answer to 'how many wards should we have' universally 'as many as you can, always'. This means that, executed optimally, an entire team's excess gold income (or primary income, if you're a Jungler or a Support) is funneled into keeping up as much vision as possible at all times.
This means decisionmaking around the questions 'when is the right time to ward?' and 'where is the right place to ward?' is thrown out in favor of sheer throughput. By removing 'safe' vision from the map (invisible wards) and placing the other vision resources on meaningful cooldowns, teams will have to think a lot more about where they light up the map, rather than ward coverage being a function of team gold advantage.
VISION WARD COST : [100 gold] ⇒ 75 gold
WARDED OFF Stealth wards are no longer available for purchase
STEALTH WARD DURATION : [180 seconds] ⇒ 150 seconds
PICKING UP THE PIECES Upon death or expiration, wards leave behind Rubble. Rubble is team colored, lasts up to 5 minutes, and appears as circles where the ward was when it was active.
INSIGHTFUL Wards now indicate their vision range while being placed
02/04/2014 Leagues & Gameplay Update
Vision Wards will now properly provide true sight to an enclosed area when placed in front (ie: dragon pit and Baron pit).
- Fixed a bug where Vision Wards weren't granting full true sight vision equal to their normal vision range
- Vision (Pink) wards no longer stealthed
- Vision wards have 5 health
- Vision wards have infinite duration
- Vision wards cost reduced to 100 (from 125)
- Vision wards limited to 1 placed on the map per player
- Vision and Sight Ward are now worth 30 gold, up from 25
- The reward structure for killing wards has been changed to the following:
- The killer of the ward gains 50% of the ward's base gold value
- Nearby allied champions with Oracle's Elixir, or allied champions that placed Vision Wards nearby, split 50% of the ward's base gold value
- The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward.
- Wards no longer list that they have 20 attack damage.
- Creep camp minimap icons are now more consistent; Clairvoyance and wards will now properly update the map icons
- Using Summoner Teleport on a ward will no longer reveal the ward through fog of war to enemies. Instead, it will destealth the ward to be seen if an enemy is near and reveal the teleport particle through fog of war to enemies
- Attack-move will now target visible wards
- Jax's Leap Strike, Katarina's Shunpo, and Lee Sin's Safe Guard can now target wards again, but will reveal the wards to enemies when used in this manner
- Teleporting to a ward will now reveal the ward to enemies for a few seconds
- Locally jumping to a ward will now destealth the ward for 2 seconds
- Wards and Teemo's mushrooms are no longer targetable/manipulated by spells (except Summoner Teleport). This means, for example, that wards will no longer be able to block Rammus' Powerball, Mushrooms will not block skillshots, and Jax is no longer able to Leapstrike onto a ward
- Wards no longer grant experience on death
- Cost reduced to 125 from 150
- Now has 3 health, is immune to healing effects and takes only 1 damage from every attack
- Health reduced to 1 and armor reduced to 0
- Reduced collision and spellhit sizes
- Duration reduced to 3 minutes from 4.5
- Vision Wards and Sight Wards now show their remaining duration (in seconds) in their mana bar. Both teams can see the remaining duration.
- Cast range increased to 600 from 300
- Removed cooldown on placing consecutive wards
- Increased duration from 180 to 210
- Cost reduced from 175 to 150
- Sight range increased from 1,000 to 1,100
June 26, 2009 Patch
- Maximum stacks increased from 1 to 3
June 6, 2009 Patch
May 29, 2009 Patch
- After two seconds, the vision ward becomes invisible to opponents
May 9, 2009 Patch