|Country of Birth||United States|
|Birthday||December 15, 1994 (age 24)|
|Previous Role(s)||Mid Laner|
|Soloqueue IDs||Crs Vooby, Crs Voyboy,|
CLG Voyman (KR)
|Social Media & Links|
League of Legends Career
Voyboy first played toplane for Rock Solid, a team formed in 2010 with Naryt, rambo, scarra, Araragi, samtheham, and Th3RaT. While at first the team was unremarkable, a new iteration of the lineup including Voyboy, Jatt, scarra, imaqtpie, and L0cust suddenly came out of nowhere and started to take tournament results from major teams Team SoloMid and Counter Logic Gaming. On September 22, the Rock Solid lineup was acquired by Team Dignitas.
With Dignitas, Voyboy became known as one of the strongest toplaners in North America, famous in particular for his Akali play. Dignitas placed third at IEM Kiev, second at IEM Hanover, and third at IPL 4, in addition to several top finishes in online tournaments.
On May 19, 2012 Voyboy was part of an infamous three-way roster swap of players between top North American teams: he himself moved from Dignitas to CLG, while HotshotGG switched roles from toplane to jungle and Saintvicious left the team. Saintvicious joined Team Curse, replacing Crumbzz, while Crumbzz switched roles from jungle to toplane and replaced Voyboy on Dignitas.
With CLG, Voyboy was invited to play in Champions Summer 2012, and he traveled with the team to Korea. Despite an early elimination from the tournament, the team stayed in a gaming house to prepare for the Season 2 Regional Finals. At the regional finals, the team qualified for the Season 2 World Championship in third place, but at Worlds they were unable to win a single game, being eliminated in the group stage and ending the tournament with a 11th/12th place.
On October 22, 2012 Voyboy left CLG as the team underwent a major roster change. On November 1, he joined Team Curse as their new toplaner, replacing Salce. With teammates saintvicious, Nyjacky, Cop, and Elementz, Voyboy qualified for the LCS.
On October 14, 2013 Quas joined Team Curse from Gold Gaming LA, taking over Voyboy's toplane position; Voyboy stayed on the roster, moving to midlane. Voyboy was the subject of Thorin's 84th Grilled interview.
Once again, Voyboy played in both LCS splits with Team Curse, this time as their midlaner. He became particularly known for his Syndra play.
- Won 1st place at his first LAN event as a substitute for Counter Logic Gaming.
- Technically qualified for the Season 3 Championship Series twice, once with Counter Logic Gaming and once with Curse Gaming
- Was ranked #1 on the Solo (5v5) Ladder on the North American Server in Season One.
- Known for his hyper-aggressive top lane play.
- Known for his Renekton, Akali, and Lee Sin early in his career, and later, as the top laner for Curse, known for his Elise.
- MVP at IEM Season VI - World Championship 
- During Season 2, Voyboy was the first player in NA to reach 2000 ELO
- Scored 2300 on the SAT
- Completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program while playing professionally. 
- Because of his outstanding achievements and academic excellence, Voyboy was admitted to some of the most competitive universities, colleges, and scholarship programs in the United States. He's deferred enrollment to play competitive League of Legends, with the approval of his college.
- Popularized playing Katarina as a top lane bruiser.
- Sees top lane as a live action game of chess in his head versus his opponent.
- Known for saying "Cya nerds" after making a good play.
- His family has ethnic roots in Iran.
- Was part of the Season 3 World Championship Analyst desk. lolesports article
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
|Voyboy 1v1 Tournament Results|
|2013-10-13||7 - 8||Best Lee Sin NA Tournament||1 : 2 Aniratak|
- January 18, Voyboy talks the return to old school champions (video) with on onGamers
- June 20, Voyboy talks about how NA compares to EU based on recent rankings (video) with on onGamers
- July 20, Voyboy, "We think if we can make it to playoffs we can make it to Worlds." (video) with on onGamers
- July 23, Curse Five for Five: Voyboy Uncut (video) with on Curse Esports
- August 2, Team Curse Voyboy & IWDominate: "We have a chance to get to Worlds" (video) with on Azubu
- August 24, VoyBoy talks about how important working on their team play has lead to their success (video) with on onGamers
- November 14, Voyboy talks indepth about his decision to leave Curse and what's next for him (video) with on onGamers
- January 13, Voyboy talks about going HAM to help his team make the LCS (video) with on Gamespot
- January 13, Pluto Interviews Curse Voyboy, Season 3 NA Qualifiers (video) with on Reign of Gaming
- January 18, RAKAKA Interviews Voyboy – IEM Katowice (video) with on RAKAKA.se
- January 19, Drexxin Interviews Voyboy – IEM Katowice (video) with on GosuGamers
- January 28, LCS NA Interview: VoyBoy and Nyjacky of Curse (video) with on MOBAFire
- February 9, Voyboy talks about Curse going 3-0 at the LCS Season 3 opener (video) with on GameSpot
- February 16, LCS Post-Game: Curse Voyboy after Vulcun match [Week 2] (video) with on Machinima
- March 1, League of Legends LCS WK4, Voyboy & SaintVicious, Curse vs. TSM (video) with on MachinimaVS
- June 30, Voyboy Interview, "We have no where to go but up from here", MLG Anaheim 2013 (video) with on Leaguepedia
- July 13, Voyboy talks about Curse's Performance in Week 5 of the LCS (video) with on GameSpot
- August 13, Breaking it Down, Voyboy (video) with on MachinimaVS
- September 27, CSN Worlds Voyboy Interview (video) with on Cyber Sports Network
- September 29, LolKing's S3 Worlds Coverage, Interview with Voyboy (Joedat Esfahani) (video) with on LolKing
- October 4, League of Legends Championship Interview with Voyboy of Curse Team (video) with on Curse
- October 28, Voyboy 'Grilled': "Every time I watch Flame play I see very little mistakes" (Episode #84)(video) with on Team Acer
- November 16, Team Curse talks about new roster with on LoL eSports
- January 27, An Interview with Voyboy with on Riot
- March 9, IEM6 WC: Voyboy Interview (video) with on Cadred.Org
- March 9, Dignitas.Voyboy: "If I don't play I get a little rusty" (video) with on Intel Extreme Masters
- March 9, Moma and Voyboy, Interview at IEM Hannover (video) with on Intel Extreme Masters
- March 10, Voyboy and AlexIch, Interview at IEM Hannover (video) with on Intel Extreme Masters
- March 10, lol Iem interview with voyboy and cyanide (video) with on Intel Extreme Masters
- May 25, Voyboy, Sweet Manchild O'Toplane with on Counter Logic Gaming
- July 3, Behind the Game: VoyBoy (Video) with on Intel
- August 1, OGN: CLG.na Voyboy & Doublelift interviews (video) with on SK Gaming
- September 5, Interview with Voyboy and Doublelift from CLG (video) with on Gamespot
- September 16, Voyboy AMA (CLG Top Laner) + Skin Giveaway with on Reddit
- October 22, Hey I'm Voyboy and I just got benched. AMA with on Reddit
- November 12, Curse House Weekly, Voyboy Joins Team Curse (video) with on Reign of Gaming
- November 30, IPL5 CURSE NA Voyboy and Cop Interview (video) with on IGN ProLeague
- December 2, Voyboy talks about Curse's run at IPL (video) with on Gamespot
- December 2, IPL5 Voyboy interview (video) with on IGN ProLeague
- December 2, Team Curse Joe 'Voyboy' Esfahani Talks IPL 5 And League Of Legends Season 3 with on Forbes
- December 5, MOBAFire TV: IPL 5 Interview with Crs Voyboy (video) with on MOBAFire
- August 28, I am RS Voyboy who just played for CLG, AMA. with on Reddit
- September 25, Interview with Rampage week 1 MVP, Dignitas' Voyboy with on WellPlayed
- September 27, Voyboy: "I don't see Dominion being a very competitive game" with on Team Dignitas
- November 7, Uszat + HotshotGG vs. Scarra + VoyBoy (video) with on Intel Extreme Masters
The following pages redirect here.
- No results found
- Voyboy joins Curse Gaming
- Casters and analysts announced for Worlds lolesports.com
- Voyboy 'Grilled' aceresport.com
- Voyboy's Facebook Post facebook.com
- Season One North America 5X5 Solo Ladder competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com
- Vote for LoL MVP ESL World
- An Interview with Voyboy competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com
- Voyboy Reddit Comment reddit.com
- Iran banned all females champions except Annie in their WCG regional reddit.com