|Country of Birth||Canada|
|Birthday||February 9, 1995 (age 25)|
|Previous Role(s)||Mid Laner|
|Soloqueue IDs||WildTurtl, Turtle the Cat, Long Cat 4, Leaf Turtle, OVRJYWCE, American IMP (KR), YuNg TuRtLe (KR), TarTaruga Tran (BR)|
|Social Media & Links|
WildTurtle hails from Toronto, Ontario in Canada.
WildTurtle played as the top laner for Monomaniac in early 2012 and substituted for Team Legion at IPL Face Off as their AP carry. He also played for Kill Steal Gaming, Orbit Gaming, and Quantic Gaming (later Cloud9) in 2012.
WildTurtle left Cloud9 in March 2013, after week 5 of the NA LCS Spring Split, to replace Chaox, who had been benched and departed the team. In his very first game on TSM, WildTurtle scored a pentakill on Caitlyn against compLexity Gaming. TSM finished the spring round robin with a 75% winrate and in first place, and in the playoffs they defeated Good Game University 3-2. The following split, they found themselves lower in the standings, winning only half of their games in the round robin.
In the playoffs, they defeated CLG and then Vulcun to make it to the finals before losing to WildTurtle's former team Cloud9, who had just been promoted into the LCS that split. TSM and Cloud9 would become rivals for the top position in the North American standings. At the World Championship, TSM were unable to advance past the group stage, placing fourth - behind Lemondogs and ahead of the wildcard team GamingGear.eu.
At the Battle of the Atlantic, TSM played against Lemondogs, using new mid laner Bjergsen in place of Reginald for the first time. They won their series 2-0, and North America beat Europe in combined score.
TSM's spring split went better than their season 3 summer split had, and they ended the round robin with a 22-6 record - just two games behind Cloud9. However, once again they found themselves lacking in the finals of the playoffs, losing to Cloud9 in another 3-0 series. With TheOddOne retiring and Xpecial replaced by Gleeb going into the summer split, TSM struggled early on but started to rebound with the addition of Korean import Lustboy replacing Gleeb. They accomplished what they hadn't been able to since Cloud9's entry to the LCS, and won the playoffs with a 3-2 victory over their rivals.
TSM once again received North America's top seed to the World Championship, and they placed second in their group, behind Star Horn Royal Club and ahead of SK Gaming and Taipei Assassins. It was the first time that TSM with Dyrus had advanced past their initial seeding location at a World Championship, though they lost in the quarterfinals to eventual tournament winners Samsung White.
TSM were the North American team invited to IEM San Jose, the first event that they played with the roster Dyrus, Santorin, Bjergsen, WildTurtle, and Lustboy. They were seeded directly into the semifinals, where they lost 0-2 to Unicorns of Love.
TSM began the 2015 Spring Split with an 8-2 record after five weeks, holding first place during every week after the first. By virtue of their standing after the fifth week of the split, TSM was invited to the IEM Season IX World Championship. There, they defeated Team WE, CJ Entus (marking their first tournament win over a Korean team), and the yoe Flash Wolves to advance to the finals of the event, where they swept Team WE 3-0 to win the title. Though TSM themselves did not play against the GE Tigers at all (then undefeated in the LCK), or against any Korean team in a multi-game series, they still made history by being the first North American team to win an international event with Korean teams present since Chicks Dig ELO (which included Dyrus and Reginald) at the 2011 World Cyber Games and the first Western team to do so since Gambit Gaming at IEM Katowice in 2013.
TSM finished the spring season with a 13-5 record, giving them the top seed into the playoffs. After defeating Team Impulse and then Cloud9, TSM won their third North American championship, tying Cloud9's record of most North American LCS championships won to date. Their victory also gave them the North American seed to the 2015 Mid-Season Invitational, where they looked to replicate their IEM success. However, the team underperformed in the group stage, winning only their match against wild card Beşiktaş and not qualifying for playoffs.
In the summer split of LCS, TSM started relatively strong, sitting at a 8-2 record at the end of week 5. However, they fell to fifth place by week 9, their lowest regular-season placement to date. Partway through the split, TSM tried out Keith, former substitute AD carry of Team Liquid, as a potential replacement for WildTurtle; however, he only started in one game, and TSM later announced they would be sticking with WildTurtle. In the playoffs, TSM beat Gravity Gaming and Team Liquid in the first two rounds, winning both series 3-1. In the finals, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, they faced off against long-time rivals CLG and lost in a convincing 3-0 series. TSM had already qualified for Worlds after their semifinal win due to their Championship Points from the spring split, and they ended up with the second seed from North America.
TSM were drawn into Group D, which instantly became known as the "Group of Death" or the "Group of TSM's Death" due to LGD Gaming and KT Rolster being favorites to win it; Origen was the last team drawn in. LGD massively underperformed expectations, however, and TSM took a game off them in the first round robin. However, at the same time Origen overperformed, and ultimately KT Rolster and Origen made it out of groups; TSM lost their second game against LGD and ended up in last place with a 1-5 record.
After Worlds, along with the retirement of Dyrus, Lustboy, and release of Santorin, WildTurtle was replaced by former CLG AD carry Doublelift for the starting role. He stayed with the team as a substitute until December 7.
In December 2015, WildTurtle joined the new team Immortals, along with former Fnatic members Huni and Reignover, CLG mid laner Pobelter, and Team Impulse support Adrian. Expected to be a top team in the LCS, Immortals initially exceeded all expectations as they went undefeated for the first six weeks of the season before losing one game to reigning champions Counter Logic Gaming in week 7. They won the rest of their regular season games, but as the season progressed further they looked weaker and weaker as a team, and even seemed to falter against the last-place Team Dignitas, needing to come back against them to pull out a win. With a top seed clinched into the playoffs, Immortals were guaranteed to face the lowest-seed team that won in the quarterfinals. That team ended up being Team Solomid, who were on a strong upswing after a sixth-place regular season finish. With questionable drafts including a Lucian top for Huni in game 1, Urgot mid for Pobelter in game 2, and three games of Karma support for Adrian as well as not a single contest of the strongly-in-meta Ekko, Immortals lost 3-0 to TSM. They came back the next week to beat Team Liquid and finish in third place overall.
Expectations for Immortals going into the Summer Season were again high, after they were one of only three NA teams not to change any players in the mid-season break, and while they nearly repeated their spring split record - this time dropping only two series in the new best of 3 format as opposed to 1 best of 1 - they were indisputably the second-best team in the league. TSM with new rookie star support Biofrost went 17-1 in series, and they bested Immortals in both of their head-to-head series. Immortals still had a playoff bye, and so they were able to avoid TSM in the semis, instead facing the third-place Cloud9. In a back-and-forth five-game series, Immortals were upset and faced CLG in the third-place match, which they came back from a disastrous game 1 to win 3-2. Unfortunately, despite their combined 33-3 regular season record, Immortals only had 120 Championship Points compared to CLG's 130, and so it was CLG who won the automatic second-place 2016 Season World Championship seed from North America. And even though Immortals had the top seed in the Regional Finals, they were upset once again by Cloud9, and their season ended short of Worlds.
After substituting for TSM at IEM Oakland, WildTurtle rejoined TSM in December. In the spring split despite looking shaky at different stages of the regular split, TSM finished 1st with a 15-3 record. In the playoffs TSM defeated Cloud9 3-2 in the finals in a very close series to capture yet another LCS title. This also qualified them for the 2017 Mid-Season Invitational. Despite fan expectations being decent, TSM failed to live up to expectations and finished in 5th place with a 4-6 record. In the tiebreaker game against Flash Wolves the team lost and were knocked out of MSI. In May of 2017 WildTurtle left TSM and joined FlyQuest. The Summer Season was very rough for FlyQuest as the competition within the region increased. They finished 7th in the regular season and barely retained their Championship Points. This would let them participate in the 2017 Season North America Regional Finals and although they defeated Team Dignitas 3-0 in the first round, they lost 1-3 to CLG in the second round which ended their season.
- He subbed for Team Legion at IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown and became known for his successful Ryze and Gragas plays as AP Mid.
- At MLG Raleigh, he again subbed as AP mid. This time for CLG Black, adding Twisted Fate to his Mid roster. He hinted that he might permanently join Black but eventually joined Orbit Gaming as their AD Carry.
- He subbed for Team SoloMid in Week 6 of the 2013 spring LCS as AD carry and scored a Pentakill, the first scored in the North American LCS, with Caitlyn against compLexity Gaming. He was also named MVP of the week for the NA LCS.
- He has been known for his Caitlyn full damage build and his Draven during Season 3.
- Wore cat ears during some of the LCS matches.
- Had the highest GPM in the NA LCS Spring Season at 414.
- Despite his team losing in groups in 2013 Championship countless people were impressed that he was able to play on the same level if not better than the Korean adcs.
- Reached 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on the NA ladder.
- Got his name from seeing two turtles fight.
- Has beat every member of TSM in the top or mid lane.
- Has a tendency to go "wild" when he gets bored like flashing into the enemy base for 1 kill during the LCS with no way out.
- During tournament matches he gets focused by the enemy more than any other member of TSM due to his ability to dominate from the smallest lead.
- Almost burnt the TSM house down just like his teammate Dyrus.
- Well known for his big, cheerful smiles.
- Hates the animated hit-show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
- Had 4 accounts in Challenger, all within the top 15 and his main account rank 1 during Season 3
- His main(original) account is 'Turtle the Cat' and his smurf is 'WildTurtle'. 'Turtle the Cat' used to be named 'WildTurtle' until he joined Quantic and added that to his name. When he left Quantic, 'Wildturtle' was taken so he used 'Turtle the Cat'
- Achieved 500 career LCS kills in week 4 of the 2015 Spring LCS season in a game against Gravity while playing Sivir.
- Reached 1000 Kills in the LCS on February 12, 2017
- Known to be a good fill player in solo queue despite having been a bot laner for most of his pro career.
|NA LCS 2015 Spring||Jinx||Bot||L||16/4/2||Link||Link|
|NA LCS 2013 Spring||Caitlyn||Bot||W||12/6/5||Link||Link|
|2013 NA LCS Spring Qualifiers||Twitch||Bot||W||9/0/2||Link|
- Click here for a full list of pentakills by all players.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- August 13, IamA WildTurtle, I subbed for Team Legion this weekend at IPL:SF - AMA with , and on Reddit
- August 26, MLG Raleigh Summer Championship - Wild Turtle Interview (video) with , and on ggChronicle
- November 10, RedditNation (ex-oRbit) Yazuki, WildTurtle & Hai L9 at Lone Star Clash II (video) with , and on CyberSportsNetwrok
- March 17, LCS Week 5 (MLG Dallas) - Cloud 9's WildTurtle "It was just two free kills for me." (video) with , and on Leaguepedia
- March 17, WildTurtle talks about the Amatuer LoL Scene and Cloud 9's match (video) with , and on GameSpot
- April 18, Wildturtle talks about TSM vs. coL (LCS week 10) (video) with , and on MachinimaVS
- April 19, Wildturtle and Xpecial talk about their Final Rankings at LCS (video) with , and on GameSpot
- April 21, I AM WILDTURTLE, RANK 2 AND 3 ON THE LADDER AMA with , and on Reddit
- April 27, Getting Personal with WildTurtle (video) with , and on MachinimaVS
- April 27, Wildturtle talks about life on TSM Snapdragon with , and on GameSpot
- April 29, League of Legends Spring Playoff Finals - WildTurtle - TSM vs. GGU (video) with , and on MachinimaVS
- April 29, Xpecial and WildTurtle talk about Winning the LCS Playoffs (video) with , and on GameSpot
- May 8, TSM Snapdragon Pro Gamer Jason "Wild Turtle" Tran Talks League Of Legends (video) with , and on Gamerhub
- May 28, League Out Loud - Allstar Weekend & WildTurtle Interview (video) with , and on MachinimaVS
- June 14, WildTurtle talks bouncing back from a tough Day 2 at the LCS (video) with , and on GameSpot
- June 21, WildTurtle talks TSM Snapdragon's Dominant Game against VeS (video) with , and on GameSpot
- June 23, Turtles first vlog by , and on WildTurtle
- June 27, TURTLES 2ND VLOG by , and on WildTurtle
- July 4, LemonNation and Wildturtle talk about the Past and the Present (video) with , and on GameSpot
- July 5, TURTLES 3RD VLOG by , and on WildTurtle
- July 17, TURTLE'S SHORTEST VLOG EVER by , and on WildTurtle
- July 26, TROLL VLOG by , and on WildTurtle
- July 26, Wildturtle talks about the Resurgence of TSM at the LCS (video) with , and on GameSpot
- August 15, Wildturtle talks TSM's hope for a Third Place Finish (video) with , and on GameSpot
- August 30, Xpecial and Wildturtle Discuss their match against CLG at PAX (video) with , and on GameSpot
- September 4, Turtle sick from PAX :( by , and on WildTurtle
- September 15, Off the Rift - WildTurtle Interview (video) with , and on LoL Esports
- September 24, TURTLES BAD VLOG.. by , and on WildTurtle
- September 26, TURTLES UPDATE by , and on WildTurtle
- October 2, TURTLES VLOG by , and on WildTurtle
- October 22, TURTLES NOOB VLOG.... by , and on WildTurtle
- October 31, TURTLES VLOG #??? by , and on WildTurtle
- November 8, Reginald: "Motivation was a problem for us last season" with , and on LoL Esports
- November 28, Turtle talks about what he's been doing. by , and on WildTurtle
- December 4, Turtle talks about going to Europe! by , and on WildTurtle
- November 1, WildTurtle talks about Rank 1, Solo queue champs, and being sick by , and on WildTurtle
- November 9, WILDTURTLE streaming and solo que by , and on WildTurtle
- December 31, NEW YEARS EVE VLOG (TURTLE) by , and on WildTurtle
- March 13, TSM Wildturtle - 20 QuestionsTSM Wildturtle - 20 Questions with , and on HyperX
- March 13, AFK TV @ IEM Katowice 2015: Interview with TSM Wild Turtle English + BG Subs (video) with , and on AFKTV
- March 13, WildTurtle in the HeatSeat! - IEM Katowice 2015 (video) with , and on NEEDforSEAT
- June 8, WildTurtle breaks down TSM vs. CLG with , and on LoL Esports
- June 23, Keith and the Turtle: a look at the battle for TSM's starting AD Carry by , and on The Score
- August 18, Turtle On Facing CLG: "Our Scrims Have Been Going Pretty Even, So Hopefully We'll Have A Great Final with , and on Gamespot
- January 17, Wildturtle on Immortal's synergy: 'We kind of clicked instantly' with , and on The Score
- January 24, WildTurtle: 'TSM was very hard to play against. I think going against NRG will be a lot easier' with , and on The Score
- February 15, WildTurtle and Adrian on Sneaky's Jhin and the bond between carry and support with , and on The Score
- February 17, Interview with IMT WildTurtle "I don't have rivals" with , and on Dignitas
- April 18, WildTurtle: “We were pretty sad for two, three days. But then we decided we needed to get third.” with , and on Slingshot
- April 18, WildTurtle on the tank meta: 'We were late to the party and it kind of bit us in the ass' with , and on The Score
- May 29, WildTurtle on the Immortals' debut split and playoff struggles with , and on The Score
- June 5, WildTurtle: Other than Lucian 'I think Ashe is the best utility and carry AD right now' with , and on The Score
- June 15, WildTurtle on NA region: “I think the gap has definitely closed a lot, and I think NA has a really good chance to win worlds this year.” with , and on Slingshot
- June 22, WildTurtle says IMT is 'trying to adapt to the team meta’ with , and on Yahoo!
- June 22, Immortals’ WildTurtle on EnVyUs, the LCS and world with , and on Red Bull
- June 28, WildTurtle: 'Cloud9 has improved a lot over the weeks...they've been surprising us a lot' with , and on The Score
- July 5, WildTurtle on Immortals’ 2v1 priority, upcoming buffs to supports & who will break the tie for 3rd with , and on The Score
- July 19, WildTurtle on IMT's draft: 'Any of our teammates are willing to not play carry champions to win' with , and on The Score
- July 27, WildTurtle and Reignover on how they hope to build confidence for playoffs with a win over TSM with , and on The Score
- August 25, Past to Present: The Story of WildTurtle with , and on The Score
- September 7, Legends Rising Season 2: Episode 1 - Spring by , and on LoL Esports
- September 10, Legends Rising Season 2: Episode 2 - All In by , and on LoL Esports
- September 14, Legends Rising Season 2: Episode 3 - Revolver by , and on LoL Esports
- September 21, Legends Rising Season 2: Episode 5 - Contender by , and on LoL Esports
- September 24, Legends Rising Season 2: Episode 6 - Fighting by , and on LoL Esports
- November 21, The Case against TSM WildTurtle by Cabra maravilla on Esports Heaven
- January 26, TSM WildTurtle on Expectations and His Spring Goal with , and on Red Bull
- February 24, WildTurtle and Biofrost on TSM's shotcalling post-Doublelift and their biggest surprise of the season with , and on The Score Esports
- March 7, WildTurtle explains why Immortals made him a better player, his TSM return, and more with , and on Yahoo Esports
- May 12, TSM WildTurtle on the sixth man roster: "I just think it's time to step up." with , and on Inven Global
- June 7, Wildturtle: ‘I thought it would be better for TSM and me to split ways. I want to be a starter...' with , and on Yahoo Esports
- June 24, Six Questions with WildTurtle with , and on theScore Esports
- June 24, FLY WildTurtle: "What we need right now is confidence, but it’s hard when you’re going 1-6" with , and on Inven Global
- June 27, WildTurtle: “I think I’ve learned a lot considering that I’ve played with 15, 20 players in my whole career.” with , and on Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 14, Wildturtle: 'don't expect us to become a great team overnight' with , and on Travis Gafford
- July 17, FlyQuest Features - The Perfect Smile ft. WildTurtle by , and on FlyQuest Sports
- July 20, FlyQuest Features: Tips to Mastering Kalista and Rakan ft. WildTurtle by , and on FlyQuest Sports
- September 14, FlyQuest WildTurtle goes to Korea to train: "I want to meet Pray, GorillA, and Peanut in Solo Queue" with , and on Inven Global
- December 21, Flyquest WildTurtle: "When we started scrimming, I saw our potential" with Joonkyu "Lasso" Seok, Jaehoon "Laffa" Jeong, Woo "Ready" Hyun, , and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- January 21, Postgame Interview FQ vs. TSM NA LCS Spring 2018 Wk 1 day 2 with Ovilee on LoL Esports
- January 30, Flyquest Wildturtle: 'We definitely don't have our *stuff* together' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 21, Under the Shell: WildTurtle by Kien Lam on LoL Esports
- June 24, FLY WILDTURTLE Gives His Thoughts On Doublelift's Diss On NA ADCs: "I could understand that statement. I mean… you are going back to NA ADCs so. " with James "Bick" Hong on Inven Global
- August 14, WILDTURTLE: “FlyQuest is a wildcard right now. We could be really good in the playoffs. Who knows?” with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- August 19, FLY WILDTURTLE: "If we bring what we have practiced tomorrow, and we show up, we’re going to destroy C9." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- January 28, Wildturtle explains how Flyquest can compete vs best teams in the League with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- February 6, FLY WildTurtle: "I am pretty happy that we're 3-1, but we're still a long way from being a good team like Team Liquid." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- February 18, WildTurtle believes FlyQuest can win the split with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 11, Wildturtle's thoughts on how FlyQuest are feeling and thoughts on playoffs with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- March 12, WildTurtle talks his battle with the ranked issues recently with Fasffy on YouTube
- June 5, WildTurtle explains why so many OP picks were open vs Cloud 9 with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- July 17, Wildturtle on following G2's lead: 'That's just how a good team is supposed to operate' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 19, WildTurtle on swapping in Wadid: “We don’t want to be bad anymore” with Elena Endres on Dot Esports
- October 31, Wildturtle gets in bed and talks about what holds NA back internationally with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 23, Wildturtle and POE on FlyQuest's flight into 2020, POE's grandmaster younger brother, DJ Turtle with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 27, WildTurtle talks broken champs in Season 10 and FlyQuest's dominant weekend with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN Esports
- February 12, FLY Wildturtle: "I like to learn all of the new champions because they're going to be broken." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- WildTurtle's Best Plays - LoL Pro Series youtube.com
The following pages redirect here:
- Orbit Gaming LoL - No Longer Part of Orbit + Lonestar Clash 2 Attendance reddit.com
- Slasher's Tweet twitter.com
- Quantic Gaming's Tweet twitter.com
- Quantic Gaming's Tweet twitter.com
- Introducing Quantic's LoL Division quanticgaming.com
- WildTurtle Replacing Chaox as Starter on TSM newsoflegends.com
- Farewell Wildturtle youtube.com
- Announcing the TSM Subs! newsoflegends.com
- Goodbye WildTurtle! youtube.com
- Huni, Pobelter, WildTurtle headline star-studded Immortals roster dailydot.com
- Thank you WildTurtle tsm.gg
- Wildturtle Returns for IEM Oakland youtube.com
- Thank you WildTurtle tsm.gg.com
- WildTurtle Replacing Chaox as Starter on TSM newsoflegends.com
- Doublelift Joins TSM youtube.com
- Welcome Back Wildturtle youtube.com
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - - ; after change - NA - 2019-01-05
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - NA - 2019-08-12; after change - NA - 2019-08-13
- GCD Archive Pages: before change - - ; after change - NA - 2019-08-13
- FLYQUEST WELCOMES MID LANER, TRISTAN “POWEROFEVIL” SCHRAGE flyquest.gg
- FlyQuest's Tweet twitter.com
- TSM Starting ADC Announcement youtube.com
- Farewell Wildturtle youtube.com
- Team SoloMid's Tweet twitter.com
- LoL Esportspedia's Tweet twitter.com