Woong (Omar Van Vynckt)
|Name||Omar Van Vynckt|
|Country of Birth|
|Birthday||July 9, 1997 (age 23)|
|Competitive IDs||Sloefke, Chipiarmander|
|Soloqueue IDs||S1 Woong, Sloefke, TF Woong|
|Social Media & Links|
Omar "Woong" Van Vynckt is a League of Legends esports personality, currently a member of the broadcast team for Team META.
Omar "Woong" Van Vynckt began his career in 2015. He started off his career as he joined the previously prominent LowLandLions as their starting bot laner and competed in the Frag-o-Matic. Unfortunately, the team would then disband shortly after due to internal disagreements. Omar then went on to join Venko Gaming along with some of his friends which would would go on to play a few local Belgian and Dutch LANs.
After this period of casual play, Omar decided to take on the higher levels of play as he would proceed to join Vanguard Esports through his friend AngelZ. Role swapping to support, Woong would proceed to show off his talent along with his jungler Albetrayber who would go on to become a major face in the Benelux scene. The team would then go on to qualify for ESL Benelux 2017 Winter, the biggest competition in the region at the time. With underwhelming results, the team ended up in 5th place and would disband immediately after.
Woong would go on to play in monthly tournaments for the rest of the year as he took a slight break from his competitive career.
Entering the 2018 Season, Omar befriended Pieter05 and Ardes, quickly finding synergy with said players as together they would decide to form a team together. Joined by PrimeV9 and CaviaVampier, the team would soon find a home under the wings of the ToxicFalcons eSports Belgium. Although achieving good results in their first tournament and getting 3rd place in the Frag-o-Matic 20.1, their bot laner would decide to leave and the team moved on with Slyv3r filling in the vacant position.
Omar would quickly find a great friend in Slyv3r and built synergy with him as they started becoming a strong bot lane in the Benelux, overpowering their opponents and achieving great results throughout 2018, notably reaching 2nd place in the ESL Proximus 2018 Winter Playoffs, upsetting the first place team Brussels Guardians in a strong 2-1 score before falling against Defusekids 0-2 in the finals.
As the situation within the team changed, the players decided to part ways and head in separate direction, leading in Omar becoming a free agent in December 2018.
Wanting to stay with his duo laner Slyv3r, Omar would go on to approach Sector One, asking for an opportunity to start an academy team under their organisation. Soon after, the team would see the light of day with the addition of Psclly, Izoyu, and Boohon. With a lot of untested talent, the team would go on to participate in the qualifiers to the second season of the Benelux Premier League but would sadly leave with underwhelming results as they would fail to qualify on 7 occasions. Despite their hardships, the teams sticked together and moved on to participate in several smaller leagues and LANs, achieving moderate results as they would mostly end up as a middle of the pack team.
While they were not contenders toward winning titles, the team would prove to be a force to be reckoned with as they would be the only one to defeat Defusekids in their dominant 2019 run throughout the Benelux. They would also quickly cement themselves as one of the most creative teams in the Benelux especially with their interesting bot lane combinations, notably being one of the first teams to run
Taric together or
Toward the end of June, the team would find themselves to stagnate and decided to part ways as players began exploring different opportunities.
It was at this time that Woong would make the hard decision to retire as a professional player and instead join 4Entertainment as a member of their broadcast team, specializing as a on-screen talent and analyst. Omar would go on to work at events such as the GameForce Masters 2019 and quickly make his way through the scene.
Continuing his work, Omar would follow in his employer's rebrand as he remained on Team META's broadcast talent team, working as an analyst for notable events such as the Belgian League 2020 Spring Playoffs and the Dutch League 2020 Spring Playoffs, the official European Regional Leagues of the Benelux.
While continuing his work as an analyst, Woong would also keep on playing in several LANs and keep a very good competitive level, averaging around Master tier in Europe.
- Used to be in the top 2000 in the MMORPG Wolf Team prior to playing League of Legends.
- Reached the top 200 top players in Europe upon the release of PUBG.
- Started playing in Season 1.
- Picked his in game name due to being a fan of Azubu Frost's Woong and was fan of his aggressive playstyle.
- Ended up switching to support.
- Plays a lot of off-meta picks like
- Made a guest appearance at the Kayzr League 2018 Fall Finals, the BPL Season 2 Playoffs, and the ESL Dutch Championship 2019 Summer Qualifiers as an analyst.
- Won Club League's Awards for being both the most developed player and the best newcomer to the Benelux scene in 2018.
Notable Event Attendances
As a Caster or Analyst
- European Masters 2020 Spring Play-In - Desk Analyst
- Belgian League 2020 Spring Playoffs - Desk Analyst
- Dutch League 2020 Spring Playoffs - Desk Analyst
- RIV4L College League 2020 - Analyst & Color Caster
- ESL Proximus 2019 Winter Playoffs - Desk Analyst
- ESL Dutch 2019 Summer Qualifiers - Guest Analyst
- GameForce Masters 2019 - Desk Analyst
- Frag-o-Matic 21.1 - Color Caster
- Benelux Premier League Season 2 Playoffs - Desk Analyst
- Kayzr League 2018 Fall Playoffs - Guest Analyst
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- June 28, TESTIMONIAL: Woong by Davy De Groote on Kayzr
- December 2, Wat is League of Legends? Gamer legt "eenvoudig" uit with Jeroen Van der Auwera on VTM Nieuws
- May 6, Season 9 Meta with Woong by Catherine Rector on Sector One
- August 4, Belgian League: AMA #12 with Analyst Woong - Powered by AUDI with META on YouTube
- October 12, From Player to Analyst ft. Woong with Editorial Staff on LowLandLions
The following pages redirect here:
- Sector One is proud to announce our new League of Legends Academy roster sectorone.eu
- Team META's Tweet twitter.com
- 4Entertainment's Tweet twitter.com
- Club League's tweet twitter.com
- Club League's tweet twitter.com