| Background Information
|| Su Han-Wei (苏汉伟)
| Country of Birth:
|| Team WE
| Favorite champions:
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
" Han-Wei (Hanzi:
苏汉伟) is the mid laner for Team WE
Su "xiye" Han-Wei began his professional career in 2013 as a member of Team WE Academy. He was a member of the team for two of their third place finishes at World GameMaster Tournament 2013 and Tencent Games Arena Grand Prix Winter 2013. He also competed at 2013 GALAXY eSports Carnival where he finished 4th.
He started 2014 well winning G-League 2013 before getting two fourth place finishes at International Esports Tournament 2014 and 2014 GALAXY eSports Carnival.
Due to their 1st place finish at IEM Shenzhen, Team WE were invited to compete at the IEM Season IX - World Championship. After a Round 1 loss against Team SoloMid, the team went on to beat Gambit Gaming in Round 1 of the losers bracket. Round 2 of the losers bracket saw WE beat CJ Entus, securing the team a place in the bracket stage. Xiye and Team WE then pulled off the upset of the tournament, emerging victorious in their semifinal matchup over the previously unbeaten GE Tigers. They went on to finish in 2nd place after losing to Team SoloMid in the final of the tournament.
In the 2016 Season after they re-vamped their entire roster, Team WE entered the 2016 LPL Spring Season as underdogs but proved to be contenders for the title and finished 2nd with a 10-6 regular season record. Going into the Playoffs, the team defeated Vici Gaming 3-1 and despite losing to Royal Never Give Up 2-3 in the Semifinals the team finished in 3rd after they took down Qiao Gu Reapers in the 3rd place match. Summer was slightly more successful for Team WE as the team finished 2nd in their group. In the playoffs they finished 4th after a 1-3 loss to I May. Ultimately it was I May that ended up being Team WE's downfall. They lost an incredibly close series 2-3 to I May in the Regional Qualifiers. This unfortunately meant that they didn't qualify for Worlds.
The 2017 Season was much more successful for Team WE. They finished the 2017 LPL Spring Season in 2nd place with a 10-6 record. In the 2017 LPL Spring Playoffs Team WE was able win their first LPL title after taking down RNG 3-0 in the finals. They attended the 2017 Mid-Season Invitational and made it through the group stage after they finished 2nd with a 7-3 record. In the Semifinals they were eliminated after a 1-3 loss to G2 Esports. Summer wasn't as successful for WE domestically. They were unable to defend their LPL title after they finished 2nd in their regular season group and lost 2-3 to Invictus Gaming in the third place match of the playoffs. They got their revenge against Invictus Gaming later on after they defeated them 3-2 in the 2017 Season China Regional Finals. Their run at the 2017 Season World Championship was quite impressive. Despite starting off in the Play-In stage, they advanced to the main groups with a 3-0 win over Young Generation. They also finished 1st in their main stage group with a 5-1 record. After they took down Cloud9 3-2 in the Quarterfinals, they faced off against eventual tournament winners Samsung Galaxy and lost 1-3.
- Along with DianGun, regarded as one of the most consistent mid laners in China.
- Click here for a full list of pentakills.
- May 11th, Team WE mid laner Xiye on representing China and facing TSM again: 'Coming to this stage, I realize how big the world is' with Yahoo Esports
- May 12th, WE Xiye: "Bjergsen is very good at both laning and teamfight... He is a very strong opponent." with Inven Global
- May 11th, WE Mystic on MSI: ‘We definitely think this is a chance to prove our value to our fans’ with Yahoo Esports
- May 14th, WE Xiye on G2: "We 2-0ed them in the group stage, so we feel pretty confident." with Inven Global
- September 24th, Team WE Xiye: "I know for certain I do not want to go against Fnatic" with Inven Global
- October 8th, Team WE Xiye: "Going into the second week if we can minimize our mistakes, I think we can beat TSM" with Inven Global
- October 22nd, WE Xiye: "I think most of our players are in a better state than the SSG players... we're confident in beating them" with Inven Global
- December 10th, Xiye: "I played against Faker without any pressure or stress." with Jiyeon "KaEnn" Kim, Sihoon "Maloo" Lee, and Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global