We’re bringing the costs down or the stats up. Everything must go!
TOTAL COST : [2350 gold] ⇒ 2250 gold
COMBINE COST : [480 gold] ⇒ 380 gold
TOTAL cost : [2250 gold] ⇒ 2350 gold
BUILD path : Glacial Shroud + Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome + 480 gold
Armor down. Charge-up duration lowered.
Zeke’s has definitely succeeded in providing an offensive multiplier for marksmen and mages alike, but its widespread adoption as a first item for supports suggests its stat-efficiency may be a little out of whack for something with a high burden of coordination to pull off. We’re also aiming at pulling some of the consistency at which teams can ‘plan’ for their Zeke’s activation, putting the responsibility on the Harbingers to force fights against opponents when they're about to fire their lasers.
ARMOR :  ⇒ 30
CHARGE-UP DURATION : [8 seconds] ⇒ 5 seconds (Zeke’s Crit/AP bonus remains at 8)
Also costs less.
Shaving off some of the cost to make it an easier lane pick-up. Lookin' great, shroud.
TOTAL COST : [950 gold] ⇒ 900 gold
THAT’S HOW ITEMS WORK : Iceborn Gauntlet and Zeke’s Harbinger are also 50 gold cheaper
Zeke's buff lasts longer, but takes longer to build.
We’re really happy with how this item’s played out since its addition, so we’re only lightly tuning Zeke's this patch - Harbinger's tide-turning buff is definitely the highlight of a fight (assuming you can get it off), but often times it doesn't last long enough to herald any sort of meaningful effect. To make good on our promise of an 'offensive support item' and let you bring pain from the duo lane, Zeke's will last longer at the expense of some stacking speed. This is to really reward those that coordinate their build-up before letting loose a long-lasting friendship-fueled rampage.
That said, AP Jungle Xin Zhao with Zeke’s is a thing you should try at least once in your life. You’re welcome.
CHARGES PER ABILITY USE :  ⇒ 8
CHARGES PER BASIC ATTACKS :  ⇒ 4
CHARGES PER ALLY ABILITY USE :  ⇒ 4
CHARGES PER ALLY BASIC ATTACK :  ⇒ 2
BUFF DURATION : [6 seconds] ⇒ 8 seconds
STACKTIVATION : Fixed a bug where Zeke's stacks weren't transferring to a new target after re-casting the active
BUT I BOUGHT THE ITEM : Fixed a bug where Zeke’s wasn’t giving assists
Zeke's Herald no longer exists. Zeke's Harbinger binds with an ally for brief windows of super-charged combat.
- "Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about auras?
- In trying to balance auras, not only do you have to account for the super-strong case (five friends stacked up together) but, on the flip side, you've also got to be thinking about the times when it's just you and a buddy. Keeping an aura balanced for both cases is often a difficult challenge and, even if we can solve for that, usually leaves us wondering how to add satisfying gameplay beyond… an aura. This was the first reason we decided to take on a Zeke's Herald remodel when bringing more support itemization to the scene.
- Second topic: let's get some goals in here! We wanted to build a high-impact “let's get some hurt in the mix" item that still identified itself as a support tool. Like how Mikael's is the item you buy when you know there's one mate you need to protect, Zeke's Harbinger should be the aggressive counterpart for when you want to smack some faces. As an additional goal here, we really wanted to amp up the satisfaction for the support - something that the old Zeke's Herald suffered from (unless you really liked auras, we won't deny that).
- Third topic (whew this is getting long): why not just make a new item and leave Zeke's in? We very lightly poked this topic with Runeglaive but might as well address it now. Beyond the issue of leaving an extremely difficult to balance item in the game (particularly one that is relatively weak until the ‘right' team comp taps into it [and then it becomes very, very strong]), when something becomes so niche in its optimal use it can quickly become a trap item for players believing all items (and item premiums) were created equal. We do want to support the ability for players to make smart, contextualized decisions based on the state of the game, but can't do so by leaving really specialized things lying around. Instead, our hope is to either focus an item so that it becomes a clear choice for a broad enough set of champions (see: Black Cleaver) or we can normalize and push out a wider swathe of options that are actually supportive of Good Decisions (see: our ability power item changes)."
- BUILD PATH : Glacial Shroud + Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome + 480 gold
- MANA : 250
- ARMOR : 35
- ABILITY POWER : 50
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION : 10%
- UNIQUE ACTIVE : Bind to target ally. This will remove all other Conduits on your target (60 second cooldown).
- UNIQUE PASSIVE - Conduit : When within 1000 units of each other, you and your ally generate Charges, stacking until 100 are reached and lasting for 8 seconds. Attacking or using abilities generates extra Charges. At maximum Charges, causing damage consumes all Charges and increases you and your ally's Ability Power by 20% and Critical Strike chance by 50% for 6 seconds.