|Country of Birth||United States|
|Birthday||December 26, 1996 (age 22)|
|Previous Role(s)||Top Laner|
|Soloqueue IDs||GG AkaadianNA (LAN)|
|Social Media & Links|
Matthew "Akaadian" Higginbotham is the jungler for Team SoloMid.
Akaadian joined Maelstrom in May 2015 and played with them in the NACS Summer Qualifier for the second round, replacing Cat. The team lost to CLG Black and were eliminated from the tournament; soon after, they disbanded. Akaadian returned to play in the summer season with Winterfox, replacing top laner Avalon partway through their season. The team won their first game with Akaadian starting, breaking a 6-game losing streak, but they lost the remainder of their games and finished in last place with a 1-9 record.
Akaadian was brought onto Team Liquid Academy after the second week of the NACS spring season, replacing Zary who had himself replaced IWDominate after his retirement from League and temporary substitution for Liquid Academy when former starting jungler Dardoch was moved to the main Team Liquid team. Liquid Academy finished in fourth place after winning an automatic tiebreaker with Dream Team and moved onto the playoffs, where they were eliminated in the first round by Apex Gaming. After the split ended, Team Liquid Academy rebuilt their roster, and Akaadian left, joining Dream Team. The team however wasn't successful in their attempt to make it into the LCS, after they finished 3rd-4th in the playoffs with an 0-3 loss to Cloud9 Challenger. Akaadian left the team in August and was teamless for the remainder of the season.
In January of 2017, Akaadian joined Echo Fox as their new jungler. Although his rookie split was largely impressive and he was individually one of the strongest jungler, Echo Fox still struggled to perform well as a team. They finished both the Spring Season and Summer Season in 8th place, first with a 6-12 record and then with a 5-13 record. After a lackluster season, Akaadian left the team in December and joined the newly formed OpTic Gaming.
- Played water polo in high school.
- Name comes from a misspelling of a quote from the movie 300, where a character yells "Arcadians, Now!"
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- January 31, Akaadian: 'Bjergsen doesn't want a ward bot, he wants a Chad in the jungle' with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 4, TSM Akaadian: "If I was the same player that I was in December, I would not still be starting." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- March 27, Akaadian on ditching an academy demotion to bring wrath upon peasants with TSM with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 31, Akaadian finds stopwatch frustrating and the meta boring to play but has "full faith" in Riot to fix with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- March 1, Akaadian: “If there’s some fat Twitter hate going on, I can just close the screen, I can close my eyes and it’s gone. It’s not like these people can affect me.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- February 7, Akaadian on being a rookie and aggression in the jungle with Slingshot
- February 11, Akaadian on joining the LCS: "I'd rather be on a winning Challenger team than a terrible LCS team" with Blitz Esports
- February 14, Akaadian: ‘I really want to play against Moon, he’s the only one that has out jungled me’ with Yahoo Esports
- March 10, Moon x Akaadian: two junglers discuss their rivalry and hint at a secret language with Yahoo Esports
- June 5, Akaadian on EF's trip: 'the way that NA players are trained to play is completely diff from Korea' with Yahoo Esports
- June 7, Akaadian on jungle rivals: “I’ve played LirA a ton in solo queue, he’s not that hard to beat." with Blitz Esports
- June 19, Akaadian on LCS franchising and his pre-League of Legends career path with Andrew Kim for Slingshot Esports
- July 14, Akaadian on Echo Fox's 10-man roster: 'It's really weird that you play your competition (for practice). You don't play your competition in things like football and basketball' with theScore esports
- July 14, Akaadian on his mentality, Echo Fox's scrim environment and NA's win at Rift Rivals with theScore Esports
Articles & Videos
- August 9, Akaadian: how Optic turned around their team at season's end with Travis Gafford on YouTube
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically. To request an addition to the list, you may use this form.
- No results found