We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Malphite - The Shard of the Monolith
|HP Regen:||8.37 (+0.55)|
|Mana Regen:||7.32 (+0.55)|
|Attack Damage:||61.97 (+3.375)|
|Attack Speed:||0.638 (+3.4%)|
|Magic Resist:||32.1 (+1.25)|
|Lore:||There is a world of perfect harmony, where all are part of the whole. The Monolith is the essence of all creation, and its denizens are but singular pieces of it. It is beautiful in its symmetry, and in its almost complete lack of uncertainty. The rocky beings that live there know their place and work to fulfill their duties to the fullest extent, functioning almost as a superorganism or hive. Malphite has always strived to live up to his full potential, as his own personal part of the whole, serving the role of a distinguished creature questing to enforce his people's flawless vision of order.
One day, without warning, a dimensional rift opened, and he was pulled to the world of Runeterra. The transition was painful and terrifying for him, as he was cut off from the song of his people and the Monolith - things that had been ever-present in him since the day he was born. He raged, trapped in this new realm - Runeterra - a world that had nearly been consumed by its disharmony. Yet, it was a world that needed protectors to bring order out of chaos. It was to that end that the rock-creature found his true purpose. Looking past his own fear and apprehension, Malphite could see that Runeterra needed him. Today, he hammers those who would seek to upset Valoran's movement toward order, especially turning his attention to those that wield chaotic magic. Unfortunately, Malphite has also begun to change, as he has been forced to face his own profound loneliness among the world's vibrant individuality.
| Beware, minions of chaos! The Shard of the Monolith has come.
- Malphite, Shard of the Monolith
|In Premier Tournaments|
|Event||Bans||Picks||Wins||Losses||Win %||Picked/Banned in % of Games|
|2014 NA CS Summer Playoffs||0||1||1||0||100||5.6|
|2014 LPL Summer Playoffs||0||1||1||0||100||4.5|
|2014 GPL Summer Playoffs||0||1||0||1||0||3.3|
|2014 NA LCS Summer Regular Season||0||1||0||1||0||0.9|
|2014 EU Challenger Series Summer #2||0||1||0||1||0||5.3|
W passive bonus armor is now tripled when Granite Shield is active. W value changed from absolutes to percent.
Malphite is falling a tad short in his role as an anti-physical tank, so we want to give him the opportunity to play his strengths in a way that's tied to his identity. Now, there's an opportunity for Malphite to play around his passive more often, as items like Thornmail and Iceborn Gauntlet get even more powerful when his passive is up. This will also give his opponents something to pay attention to when playing against him. #Counterplay
- Brutal Strikes’s passive armor is now tripled while Granite Shield is active BRUTAL GRANITE:
- PASSIVE ARMOR:
15/20/25/30/35 flat armor⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 percent armor
- Mecha Malphite no longer has visible seams on his model.
E armor ratio up.
(30% ARMOR)⇒ (40% ARMOR)
- Mecha Malphite's chromas now properly put spikes on his fists for the duration of W - Brutal Strikes
Health regen and E damage down.
Thanks to a mixture of preseason goodies (here's looking at you, Grasp), Malphite's putting up rock-solid performances across the board. Given Malphite's reliable lategame as a terrifying initiator, we're softening his laning phase to provide an opportunity to break up his consistency in getting there. Malphite may always be an unstoppable force, but playing against him shouldn't feel like you're caught between a rock and a hard place.
- Fixed a bug where Malphite's R - Unstoppable Force would sometimes knock up and damage units at the start position instead of end position when interacting with displacement spells like Trundle's E - Pillar of Ice
Patch Notes 5.12
W's base damage is less, but scales with Armor and hits a larger area-of-effect.
Like we said in our 5.11 notes, Malphite's changes to Brutal Strikes were all about getting the it to occupy a better space in his overall pattern. Now that he's successfully rock-slapping folks, we're briefly revisiting the ability's tuning to get it just right - specifically, reinforcing his Armor purchases and making you feel better about clobberin' minion waves and teamfights alike.
Patch Notes 5.11
W reworked to give armor passively, activate to rock-slap people.
"These changes for Malphite are all about 'Play Pattern', which is to say the style in which a champion executes their abilities in the game. Malphite's kind of a one-trick-pony - after using Unstoppable Force and getting in your grill, he quickly runs out of things to do and finds himself waiting for cooldowns (and hoping you can't escape or kill him as he does it). We're changing Brutal Strikes to be a more satisfying button press and help him have something to do to kill the time. We're aware that AP Malphite's been popping up somewhat recently, and while build diversity is sometimes neat, we're more interested in what this does for Malphite's flexibility in playstyle. We'll iron out the scaling as necessary, but the idea is giving the ol' rolling stone a rock solid game-plan when his basic spells don't get the job done."
- W - Brutal Strikes
Basic attacks deal 30/38/46/54/62% attack damage to nearby enemies⇒ Malphite gains 10/15/20/25/30% additional armor
Malphite gains armor and attack damage⇒ Basic attacks deal an additional 25/40/55/70/85 (+0.15 ability power) physical damage to the target and nearby units
- CLARITY SLAP: Brutal Strikes now displays a visual effect that indicates the effective area
- CLOBBERIN':TIME Basic attacks while Brutal Strikes is active now use Malphite's critical strike animation
Patch Notes 4.7
Granite Shield now recharges faster at later levels, and Brutal Strikes costs a low amount of mana at all levels.
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
- Ground Slam
- Armor ratio reduced to 30% from 50%
- Now has a 0.2 ability power ratio
- Attack speed reduction duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
- Health per level increased to 90 from 82
- Increased Malphite's travel speed during Unstoppable Force
- Fixed a bug where Polymorph was interrupting Unstoppable Force
- Fixed a bug where Seismic Shard's Movement Speed was lost if the target died
- Granite Shield now shows a cooldown timer
- Unstoppable Force
- Area of effect radius on impact increased to 325 from 300
- Malphite can no longer flash while using Unstoppable Force
- Fixed a bug where Malphite would seem to hit the target but would not cause the effect
- Base armor increased to 21.75 from 16.75
- Brutal Strikes cooldown reduced to 14 seconds from 16 seconds
- Ground Slam cooldown reduced to 7 seconds from 8 seconds
- Brutal Strikes
- Modified the shape and range of Brutal Strike's passive cleave component.
- Added a visual indicator on targets hit by Brutal Strikes
- Fixed a bug where the armor value in the tooltip was not rounding
- Brutal Strikes mana cost reduced to 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 from 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75
- Ground Slam
- Radius increased to 400 from 350
- Mana cost reduced to 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 form 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80
- Fixed a bug where Unstoppable Force sometimes failed to pass through Crystallize, Pillar of Filth, and Cataclysm
- Granite Shield recharge rate reduced to 10 seconds from 12
- Granite Shield reactivation time increased to 12 seconds from 8
- Ground Slam bonus damage based on armor decreased to 50% from 70%
- Updated tooltips
- Seismic Shard
- Slow and haste changed to 14 / 17 / 20 / 23 / 26% from 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%
- Cast range reduced to 625 from 700
- Ground Slam mana cost increased to 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 from 60 at all levels
- Seismic Shard damage reduced to 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 from 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300
- Fixed a bug with Ground Slam where it broke through spell shields and still affected the target
- Fixed a bug where Unstoppable Force wouldn't last long enough. It now stuns for 1.5 seconds up from 1 second
- Magic resistance per level increased to 1.25 from 0
- Seismic Shard cooldown reduced to 8 seconds from 10
- Unstoppable Force cooldown reduced to 130 / 115 / 100 from 140 / 125 / 110
- Fixed a bug with Ground Slam causing it to look like it had shorter range than it actually did
- Unstoppable Force can no longer be cast while rooted
- Seismic Shard
- Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 12
- Duration of the slow reduced to 4 seconds from 5
- Mana cost reduced to 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 from 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
- Brutal Strikes
- Changed the active effect to increase Malphite's armor and damage by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% instead of increasing his damage by 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70%
- Cooldown reduced to 16 seconds from 20
- Fixed a bug where the cleave percent would take double the amount of bonus attack damage
- Passive cleave percent increased to 30 / 38 / 46 / 54 / 62% from 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50%
- The cleave passive will no longer proc while hitting towers
- Ground Slam
- Mana cost reduced to 60 at all levels from 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100
- Updated the tooltip to display how much bonus damage Ground Slam gains from armor
- Unstoppable Force is now unstoppable and cannot be interrupted by disables
- Granite Shield (Passive)
- The shield now recharges after 8 seconds instead of 10
- The shield will now automatically restore to full after 8 seconds of not being hit. Previoiusly it would not replenish until a new shield activated
- Fixed a bug where the shield particle would not appear for a second after the shield activated
- Fixed a bug where the shield strength would not update after buying a health item until a new shield actiavted
- Updated recommended items
- Attack ranged increased to 125 from 100
- Base movement speed increased to 310 from 300
- Fixed a bug with Unstoppable Force where it was sometimes uncastable while Malphite was at low health
- Updated recommended items to better account for his passive
- Unstoppable Force animation improved
- Removed Cast Animation for Brutal Strikes
- Base Armor increased to 16 from 7
- Ground Slam
- Mana cost increased to 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 from 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80
- Attack speed reduction modified to 30 / 35 /40 / 45 / 50 from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60
- Base armor reduced to 7 from 20
- Base armor per level increased to 3.75 from 3
- Seismic Shard now steals the amount of Movement Speed that the target has lost instead of increasing Malphite’s Movement Speed by the equivalent percentage lost
- Unstoppable Force
- Stun Duration reduced from 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 to 1.5 / 1.75 / 2
- Cooldown increased from 120 / 100 / 80 to 140 / 120 / 100
- Updated secondary / critical strike animations
- Changed Malphite's ability hotkeys
- Land Slide (Passive) armor to damage ratio increased from 50% to 70%
- Seismic Shard range reduced from 790 to 700
- Obduracy cooldown increased from 16 to 20
- Unstoppable Force
- Updated area of effect to sync up with indicator
- Increased cooldown from 105 / 90 / 75 to 120 / 100 / 80
- Reduced range from 1,300 to 1,000