Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Country of Birth||Canada|
|Birthday||February 10, 1997 (age 22)|
|Social Media & Links|
Andy "Smoothie" Ta is the support for Team SoloMid.
Andy "Smoothie" Ta is from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Smoothie joined Team Dragon Knights in February 2015, replacing former support player KonKwon on the team just before the start of the NACS Spring Season. The team finished second in the regular season with a 7-3 record. In the playoffs, they beat Team Fusion 2-1 before losing to Enemy 1-3, sending them to the Summer Promotion Tournament. Despite the fact that they had placed higher than Fusion, Winterfox chose to play against them. TDK used substitute mid laner Alex Ich in their promotional matches and won 3-1, successfully qualifying for the NA LCS Summer Split.
Due to visa issues, Team Dragon Knights were unable to use their full roster for the first four weeks of the summer split, as Emperor and Ninja were unable to travel to the United States to play with the team; Smoothie was also substituted out for the first three games, with Baby playing in his place. The substitute rosters went a combined 0-9, but when Emperor and Ninja finally joined the team for the second day of the fifth week, the team defeated first-place Team Dignitas. Despite that initial success, Team Dragon Knights were only able to secure two more victories over the next four weeks, and they finished in last place with a 3-15 record, one game behind Enemy. As a result, they were automatically relegated to the 2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Season.
In September 2015, Team Dragon Knights renamed to Team Arena Online, and Smoothie and Emperor left. On October 16, Smoothie was announced as Team Liquid's new support, replacing Xpecial. However, after only one game in the LCS, Smoothie was swapped to the organization's Challenger team Team Liquid Academy, to play in the NACS, as the first of several roster changes on the Academy team. The total of the roster changes proved detrimental to Team Liquid Academy, and despite initially being favorites to do well in the NACS, they only barely made playoffs, winning a fourth-place tiebreaker with Dream Team due to having 2-0'd them while IWDominate was temporarily substituting in the first week. They were eliminated in the semifinals by Apex Gaming. After the split ended, Team Liquid Academy rebuilt their roster, and Smoothie left.
Smoothie joined Cloud9 for the Summer Season. Originally alternating turns starting with Bunny FuFuu, after the seventh week Smoothie became the team's full-time starter. Cloud9 equaled its spring record with a 12-6 finish, again securing the third seed into the playoffs. There, the team defeated Team EnVyUs and Immortals before falling to TSM 3-1 in the finals; their second-place result was their best placement since Spring 2015. In the Regional Finals, or the gauntlet, Cloud9 faced and defeated both EnVyUs and Immortals to qualify for the World Championship for the fourth consecutive year.
At Worlds, C9 was put in Group along with SK Telecom T1, I May and Flash Wolves. Despite not being expected by many to make it out of the group, C9 finished 2nd in the group. Their Worlds run was cut short though after they lost 0-3 to Samsung Galaxy in the Quarterfinals.
The 2017 Spring Season of the NA LCS started off hot for C9. The team was dominant and in 1st place throughout most of the split. However their performance took a dip later on and they finished 2nd with a 14-4 record right behind TSM. In the playoffs it was a similar story as Cloud9 made it to the finals but lost 2-3 to Team SoloMid in a very close series. In the Summer Season with increased competition, Cloud9 struggled more than before and finished the regular split in 4th place. Their performance in the playoffs was very lackluster and their run was cut short with a 1-3 loss to Team Dignitas in the Quarterfinals. Going into the Regional Qualifiers, the team managed to qualify for the 2017 Season World Championship with a 3-1 win over CLG.
At Worlds C9 finished first in their Play-In group with a 4-0 record and then defeated Lyon Gaming 3-0 to advance to the Main Event. Put in Group A along with SK Telecom T1, EDward Gaming and ahq e-Sports Club, C9 managed a 3-3 record and made it out of the group in second place. Their Worlds run was put to a halt however after they lost 2-3 to Team WE in a very close match.
This table shows up to the 10 most recent results. For complete results, click here.
- March 14, Team SoloMid's Zven and Smoothie chat mistakes and improvements by Emily Rand on ESPN
- April 12, Smoothie finding trust in Team SoloMid by Miles Yim on ESPN
- February 28, How C9's botlane pressure and Smoothie’s roaming win early game by Renato "Shakarez" Perdigão on Blitz Esports
- January 23, Smoothie Speaks on the Early NA LCS Support Meta by Xander Torres & Cass Marshall on RedBull
- September 21, Cloud9's Smoothie Is Looking Forward to Worlds by Xander Torres on RedBull
- September 23, C9 Smoothie: "I got punished for being too confident" by Kyeongbeom Kim & James Hong on Inven Global
- September 21, Smoothing It Out by Treeborn on GAMURS
- October 2, C9 Smoothie: We'll Have Our Issues Fixed Next Week by Xander Torres & Cass Marshall on RedBull
- October 13, We Don't Turn on Each Other: Smoothie Faces Defeat by Rob Zacny & Cass Marshall on RedBull
- August 4, Smoothie on auto-relegation, playing in LCS and his favorite team in NA by Daniel Rosen on theScore Esports
- January 29, Smoothie explains how his shotcalling works on TSM with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 1, TSM Smoothie: "I still have fans who say things like 'I miss when you were on C9' and I really appreciate that they still follow me to this day." with David "Viion" Jang,Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- March 25, Smoothie explains how TSM brought in a great end of split record with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- April 8, Smoothie breaks down TSM's TRIUMPHANT REVERSE SWEEP against C9 with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- April 11, 2019 LCS Spring Finals Interview with TSM Zven and Smoothie with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- June 10, Smoothie compares Reapered / Zikz / Locodoco and why Yuumi is so Broken with Choi "Locodoco" Yoon-seop on YouTube
- February 7, C9 Smoothie reveals his hair secrets, what he would change in League, and Brodin's mess up with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- February 15, Smoothie: “It’s better that I die instead of one of my carries. If my Fantasy Points take a hit from that, it’s fine, I’d rather take the win.” with Izento on The Shotcaller
- March 2, Smoothie on his Spring Split MVP chances and if support players are unfairly disadvantaged for MVP with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- July 29, Smoothie Speaks Up About His Trade in Detail At His First Interview At Echo Fox with Dasol "Viion" Jang on Inven Global
- July 30, Smoothie: "I want Echo Fox to keep playing like they did, but with less... Inting. Yeah. (laughs)" with Parkes Ousley on The Shotcaller
- July 31, Smoothie on being benched and traded to Echo Fox: “I was pretty upset and it took a toll on me, so I requested to be traded” with Aaron Mickunas on Dot Esports
- August 22, FOX Smoothie: "I’ve been to finals twice, and it’s a feeling of euphoria when you stand on that stage." with Nick Geracie on Inven Global
- August 25, Smoothie - is NA BAD right now? and transitioning to Echo Fox with Travis Gafford on YouTube
- January 23, Smoothie Speaks on the Early NA LCS Support Meta with on Red Bull
- February 3, Smoothie on his champion pool: ‘Playing melee supports right now is kind of a pocket pick’ with on Yahoo!
- February 10, Smoothie on meeting his best friends through games, growing on TDK, and teaching his dad about LoL with on Blitz Esports
- March 8, Smoothie: ‘We draft according to what is good and we trust everyone can play their champion’ with on Yahoo! Esports
- March 23, C9 Smoothie on Reapered’s coaching method, watching foreign regions and international tournaments with on Slingshot Esports
- April 20, NA LCS Spring Finals: Azael Interview with Smoothie with on LoL Esports
- June 28, C9 Smoothie: “I think as a team, we’ve become a lot stronger in this meta.” with on Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- July 6, Smoothie on Rift Rivals expectations: “Our team is affected by jet lag pretty hard.” with on Kelsey Moser for Slingshot Esports
- July 18, Smoothie: “Us not playing well is our fault. I can blame jet lag or whatever all I want, but at the end of the day it’s our fault, and we need to fix those problems ourselves.” with on Emily Rand for Slingshot Esports
- July 30, C9 Smoothie: "Jensen getting solo kills is great but I want us to use our leads to take clean games" with on Inven Global
- August 10, C9 Smoothie on this year's Worlds: “It’s almost impossible to tell who’s going to win because SKT is doing really bad right now” with on Inven Global
- August 24, Smoothie to fans: 'We'll make it to Worlds through Gauntlet, I promise' with on Travis Gafford
- September 23, C9 Smoothie: "I got punished for being too confident" with on Inven Global
- June 5, Smoothie: 'I won’t make the same mistake I made...with TL. I'm definitely going to improve a lot' with on theScore
- June 27, Smoothie on Bunny: 'It’s not a competition anymore, just two teammates trying to make the team better’ with on Yahoo!
- July 27, Smoothie on playoffs: ‘Even though we can take games off TSM & IMT, we'd rather avoid them early’ with on theScore
- August 11, Smoothie on facing NV: ‘We’re feeling pretty good about it, we wanted this matchup from the start’ with on Yahoo!
- October 2, Smoothie talks Cloud9's crazy match against Flash Wolves with on Yahoo!
- October 3, C9 Smoothie: Jensen gets a buff from all this hate with on Esports Heaven
- October 10, Smoothie on the quarterfinals draw: 'I think the brackets couldn't be better for us' with on theScore
- October 14, We Don't Turn on Each Other: Smoothie Faces Defeat with on Red Bull
- October 15, Smoothie points to lack of teamwork in loss to Samsung with on ESPN
- July 27, Smoothie on Team Dragon Knight's future, supporting Emperor and playing with nothing to lose with on theScore
- August 3, AMA - TDK Smoothie with on reddit
- December 17, Smoothie to Fans: "Keep Watching: I Have a Lot to Prove This Season" with on onGamers
- February 27, How C9 Smoothie carries early game using botlane pressure and fast roams by on Blitz Esports
- June 1, Meet C9 Smoothie by on Cloud9
The following pages redirect here.
- No results found
- Team Dragon Knights is now Team Arena Online, retains Seraph, Kez, and Ninja dailydot.com
- Team Liquid Smoothie Challenge youtube.com
- Update on moving forward twitlonger.com